The Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) supports the continuum of care for all eligible sponsors and their family member in order to improve the quality of life for families that support a member with special medical and/or educational needs. EFMP is a DOD-mandated enrollment program designed to support individual, family, and unit readiness.
The Marine Corps Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) is a mandatory program designed to coordinate Permanent Change of Station (PCS) assignments for active duty sponsors who have dependent family members with qualifying medical or educational needs. EFMP PCS assignment coordination ensures the availability and accessibility of necessary medical and educational services for these family members at the assigned duty location. A family case worker is assigned to each family to help with relocation assistance, respite care reimbursement, support at Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings, resources, referrals and more. Additionally, enrolled families have access to an EFMP attorney and may qualify for special housing considerations. Common qualifying conditions of EFMP families include asthma, autism, cancer, diabetes, IEP, mental health, migraines and speech therapy.
What are some of the benefits of being enrolled?
- Assistance with relocation/PCS
- Support with TRICARE and ECHO
- Support with housing
- IEP meeting preparation and support
- Respite care reimbursement (if applicable)
- Provide you with resources, referrals, and more
What are the qualifications for the EFMP enrollment?
- Possesses a medical, intellectual or emotional disability and requires special medical and/or educational services
- Enrolled in DEERS & MCTFS
- Resides with the sponsor (exceptions include geographical bachelors and family members receiving inpatient care or living in an educational setting)
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
Follow Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP):
|Monday||730am - 400pm|
|Tuesday||730am - 400pm|
|Wednesday||730am - 400pm|
|Thursday||730am - 400pm|
|Friday||730am - 400pm|
Federal Holiday Hours may vary.