Saving lives requires vigilance. Each tragic loss to suicide has far reaching impact on families, friends, and Marines left behind. At the unit level, suicide effects morale, unit cohesion, and ultimately unit effectiveness and readiness of Marines. Our prevention programs are designed to help Marines who are thinking about suicide or engaging in suicidal behavior, and those who may be at risk for suicide because of a mental disorder, or because they belong to a group with higher rates of suicide attempts or deaths. If you recognize warning signs or believe someone is in immediate danger, call 911 or seek help from a mental health care provider. To learn more, visit https://www.militaryonesource.mil/ or call 800-342-9647.
DEVELOP SKILLS & MANAGE RISKY SITUATIONS.
The Family Advocacy Program's Prevention and Education team (P&E) focuses on the prevention of child abuse and intimate partner violence. P&E offers evidence based workshops and courses to assist service members and their families in developing skills to effectively manage high risk situations that could lead to family violence.
Some workshops include:
- Century Anger Management
- Married and Loving It!
- Couples Communication Techniques
- Basic Information About Intimate Partner & Child Abuse
All courses are open to service members and their families who are eligible for medical treatment facilities treatment. At the request of commands, courses may be tailored and offered at individual units based upon need and availability.
The Prevention and Education Specialist facilitates the following briefs and trainings:
- Child abuse and neglect awareness, and prevention and identification training for professionals and paraprofessionals working with children aboard the installation
- Annual child abuse and neglect, and intimate partner violence training to commands to satisfy required training as outlined in MCO 1754.11
- Incident Determination Committee (IDC) training for all commanders and command representatives who are appointed to serve on the committee.
Prevention & Education Services
Follow Prevention & Education Services:
|Monday||730am - 430pm|
|Tuesday||730am - 430pm|
|Wednesday||730am - 430pm|
|Thursday||730am - 430pm|
|Friday||730am - 430pm|