FOCUS training is designed to strengthen couples and families in readiness for tomorrow. The program provides personalized training for each family’s story and individual goals. It teaches families practical skills to help them meet the challenges of military life, such as deployments, stress, injury, and more.
Families Over Coming Under Stress (FOCUS) provides resiliency training to service members and their families. FOCUS teaches practical skills to help families and couples meet the challenges of military life, including how to communicate and solve problems effectively and to successfully set goals together.
Based on more than 20 years of research, FOCUS has been designed especially for military families and couples. The program uses a series of unique tools to help all members of the family create a shared family story. Families who participate in FOCUS experience a renewed sense of confidence by recognizing their strengths, and then building on them.
In addition to individual family training, FOCUS also offers workshops to units upon request.
FOCUS services are available for active duty service members and their family or partner via the TeleFOCUS program, allowing families and couples to meet with a FOCUS Provider through video conference.
FOCUS sessions allow families and couples to build their own story about military life experience.
This helps them to:
- Build on current strengths.
- Feel closer and more supported.
- Identify, manage, and discuss emotions.
- Use problem-solving and goal-setting to empower the whole family.
- Clarify misunderstandings and respect individual points of view.
Families Over Coming Under Stress (FOCUS)
Follow Families Over Coming Under Stress (FOCUS):
|Monday||800am - 400pm|
|Tuesday||800am - 400pm|
|Wednesday||800am - 400pm|
|Thursday||800am - 400pm|
|Friday||800am - 400pm|
Call or email to schedule
- Obstacles that prevent effective communication and how to overcome those obstacles
- Strategies for becoming a better speaker and listener
- Tools to facilitate compromise within relationships
- Steps to goal setting
- How to set priorities, get organized, stay balanced
- Techniques for building good family relations
- Solution strategies for military families
- How to identify family challenges and problem solve around them
- Techniques for staying calm in high-pressure family situations
- Emotional awareness and regulation tools
- Identifying current stressors
- Strategies for thinking before acting
- Self Care tips and Stress reduction techniques