March is national nutrition month dedicated to getting Americans to make more informed choices to develop helpful eating and physical activity habits.
Supercharge your March with these eight tips to enhance your life:
- Reset habits. Nutrition month is an opportunity to reset any habits that aren’t optimizing your life.
- Look and feel better. The best part about eating healthier is that it will enhance your body composition and make you feel better. Making healthier choices can enhance both physical and mental health.
- Make food. For the month of March make your food. There is something inspiring about finding a recipe, getting the ingredients, and putting it all together. Share your creation with friends and family.
- Shop the perimeter! When grocery shopping, stay on the outside of the store. This tends to be the non-processed, healthier food options. If it comes in a box, bag, or has a bunch of ingredients that you can’t pronounce, opt for a healthier option.
- Taste the rainbow. When making food choices, select food that is natural and get as many colors as possible.
- Move more. Find time every day to move for at least 20 minutes. Your body and mind will thank you.
- Water for the win. Put down the soda, juice, coffee, and alcohol. Drink as much water as you can and you will reap the rewards.
- Food over Supplements. If you’re taking supplements, find a healthier food option instead of the supplement.
Contact the Health Promotions office at your installation to learn more about nutrition.